Effective: 08 March 2018
If you use Proofstack under the auspices of another company’s or organization’s account, they may collect and use additional information under a different set of policies. Please consult those policies as well.
Proofstack may integrate and contain links to other websites. This policy only applies to information collected and used on this website and/or application. Other websites are governed by different privacy policies.
Information We Collect and Use
We collect user information. Some are personally identifiable. Other is aggregate data with no personal identification.
Account and Profile
It depends on your needs, any Data (created or modified by you, your admin, us and third-parties) used in the Services can be shared on the internet and controlled/recorded by third-party authorities, Distributed Ledger Technologies (or any similar technologies) or Crypto Currencies. Proofstack is not responsible for preventing or managing information broadcasted on them.
It depends on a Service type or feature; You may receive the proof by email (additionally, it may be stored in your preferred integrated drives such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box...) and you will also be able to share your original file (only image or video formats - with or without watermark) on your preferred social media (such as Facebook, Twitter…) or any other account with its Proof Link. You understand that we have no control on third party accounts, therefore you will be responsible for any consequences of your sharing.
International Data Transfers
In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third party service providers operate.
When you access the Services, our system automatically records information sent from Software (e.g. web browsers and our mobile applications). The log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of your previously visited web page, browser settings and configurations, language, the date and time of your requests, and your Internet Service Provider. Log data is not routinely deleted.
If you access and use the Service from a computer, mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic devices, we may collect information about those devices. For example, our servers receive and store information about your computer and browser, including your WiFi, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and other related software or hardware information. If you access the Service from a mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device, we may collect and store information such as device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers carrier, and other related information for that device.
As part of registration for the Services, you agree to provide us with, and allow us to determine the approximate location. Additionally, we may collect and use approximated or real-time location information, such as GPS location, from devices you use to access the Services. We will provide you with notice and an opportunity to consent before we access and collect your real-time location information, and be depending on your device manufacturer, you may have the ability to revoke this consent at any time.
Enterprise Plans (including API Plans)
Proofstack Enterprise Plan accounts are subject to your organization's terms and policies. If you are a team member of Enterprise Plan, your admin has the ability to access and control your account, any data, Proof Link(s), and all other functionalities/features related to your account (does not include any Proof Link(s) created before joining this plan). Admin may also be able to restrict or terminate your access to the Proofstack enterprise account.
● Adding a new Team Member. If the Enterprise Account owner and/or admin create a team using the Services, we collect the team members’ email addresses, owner's/admin's business name, members full names for the individual setting up of the team. When the Enterprise Admin sends an invitation to a Proofstack member and/or non-members, that person will have access to Proofstack via accepting the invitation email. After this, Enterprise Admin may also send a gentle reminder email to invitees.
● Proof Management. The emails containing the proof will be sent to both Admin & the team member. In addition to the emails, the proof can also be saved in other storage accounts if permitted by Admin.
● Proof Link. Team members can control their Proof Links only if permitted by Admin.
● Team member Deletion: If a team member is deleted, all Proof Links created by the user account will be permanently under the control of the user and this is irreversible. However, during this process, the Admin has the option to retain control by transferring all Proof Links under the Enterprise account. Proofstack will not be liable for this undertaking as per aforementioned terms and conditions laid out under Disputes Regarding Ownership/Transfer of Proof Link.
● Team member Leaving. If you leave the team, all Proof Links created under your Enterprise account will be permanently retained under Admin control. If you are removed by admin, you may not be able to retain control as the owner of Proof Link(s) that you have created because Admin has the option to transfer all Proof Links under the Enterprise account.
Proofstack integrates with many web-based applications like Google Drive, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Integrating Proofstack with a service is at the discretion of the user. When an integration is performed, the user is requested to approve the information that is shared between the services (information necessary to carry out advertised transactions). Proofstack is not responsible for how shared information is used by other services. Proofstack does not receive or store passwords from any of these services. Integrations can be removed at any time.
We may use the personal information you provided to communicate with you by email, telephone, chat or other means to answer questions about your account; provide information on site functionality; help troubleshoot issues; and alert you to major changes in site policies or functionality. We may also have to access your account information and Proof Link to collect this information.
Proofstack is not obligated and will not give legal advice or participate in any legal matters. For any legal advice, contact a licensed lawyer in your jurisdiction. Proofstack does not peruse any data you provide for legal sufficiency or accuracy, provide opinions, draw legal conclusions, or apply the law to your situation.
You accept that you will not ask, accept or use any legal advice in any communication (via phone call, email, live chat, letter, Skype, Slack, Telegram, WhatsApp or any others) between Proofstack's customer support team, partners or automation or any related persons.
We may use your information to personalize the look and operations of the website.
We may use and analyze collected information to provide promotional materials and offers by external business partners and us. You may opt out of these infrequent emails by clicking on unsubscribe at the bottom of the email message. Your personal information is not transferred to a third party without your explicit consent.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell, rent, lease, or release your personal information to third parties without your explicit consent except as stated below:
● We may share your data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email, provide customer support, or complete a transaction. Our partners may use your information only to provide services for you with respect to Proofstack and they are required to maintain the information confidentially.
● We may share your information when we believe that such sharing is necessary to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding any possible illegal activity; to comply with the law; protect a person from death or serious physical injury; or to protect our property rights.
● We may share aggregated and de-identified information with our partners or others for business or research purposes.
● We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services (e.g. maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties have limited access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to Proofstack not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Private Link (Proof Link)
We offer a “Private Link” which contains following informations: the authority or method that timestamped your file, your social proof link and related informations, the date and time when your file was timestamped, the name of the Private Link owner, the hash values associated with your timestamp, geolocation, public signature.
- Private Links are enabled by default for public view, therefore we and others will be able to identify you by your Private Link. You can use Link on/off feature (from ‘’Activities’’ or ‘’Activity Manage’’) to change the status of your Private Link from public view to private view, thus other users can not view your Private Link.
- Private Link enables you to display Public Signature (e.g contact and other discretionary information if you wish to be contacted) created by you. Please do not choose any Public Signature and/or provide personal information in the signature that you would not want to be public.
- Private Link may be indexed and displayed through public search engines when someone searches for your Private Link and/or other keywords related with Proofstack. You may choose to trash and/or make inactive the status of your Private Link. However, third-party search engines may not automatically update their caches, which may contain old Private Link information (even if you have closed or deleted your account).
Public Link (Proof Link)
We offer a “Public Link” which may contains following informations and files: downloadable timestamped proofs, the hash values associated with your file or directly submitted by you, the hash values from other Proofstack users, AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) Encrypted data from you (including hash values, date, time and other informations belongs to you) and from other Proofstack users.
Public Links may be indexed and displayed through public search engines when someone searches for the related Public Link and/or other keywords related with Proofstack.
Proofstack has no control over and assumes no responsibility or liability for the following situations:
- The privacy policies and practices of any third party partners.
- The actions of third-party payment processors.
- Your publication of personal information on third party websites associated with Proofstack.
- Unauthorized access to your personal information on your devices by other persons.
- Information displayed on the Proof Link when you opt for the public view. (Use the private view option if you do not wish to share this information publicly.)
- The data you submit and receive for our service. We recommend you secure these data and back it up regularly.
Cookies help us provide individual users with better experiences and also provide detailed information for ways to improve the site for all users. Cookies customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the website without re-entering your member ID and password, understand which areas and features are most popular, and count visits.
We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used on the website or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Cookies do not transmit personal information from your computer. Rather, they link your login with the information you have already provided Proofstack. Doing so helps us monitor things such as how often you visit the website, when you visit, what services you use, which pages you use most, and so forth. This information helps us understand how specific individuals use the website to improve their experience and, in aggregate and anonymously, how our customers use the website to improve the website for everyone.
As we develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. We also may potentially collect new types of information after new partnerships or corporate acquisitions.
Proofstack is not intended for children under 13. Contact us if you find out that a minor child has provided us with personal information. All minor accounts and associated information that come to our attention will be deleted.
We may amend this policy occasionally. Those changes will be reflected on this page and a new revision date will be posted. We will alert you to significant or material changes to our policy with a more prominent notification. Continuing to use Proofstack after those changes mean you agree to the revised policy.